Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use. Focused on July, traditionally the month of peak demand for outdoor water use, the campaign highlights simple practices and innovative technologies to:
• Make maintaining green spaces easy and convenient.
• Minimize overwatering while keeping lawns, gardens and landscapes beautiful and healthy.
• Save money on utility bills.
• Help protect community water supplies for today and the future.
Property owners and managers typically overwater, unintentionally wasting money every time they take out the hose or turn on the sprinklers. River City Landscaping, a leader in smart water-saving practices, is delivering real results by:
• Helping customers plant and maintain low water landscapes that will thrive in our hot, dry Sacramento climate.
• Installing new irrigation systems that use historical weather data and soil moisture sensors to automatically adjust watering to meet plant needs.
• Using low volume microirrigation to precisely apply very small amounts of water to gardens, trees and shrubs,and lawn minimizing evaporation and run off.
• Helping customers program automatic controllers to comply with community watering restrictions while extracting maximum benefit from every drop of water.
• Auditing irrigation systems to make sure water is being using effectively and making necessary adjustments.
• Identifying customer rebates from water utilities and other resources for water-efficient products.
Decide how large your dining table needs to be. If you frequently have a large crowd a big table is good, but if you sometimes need a more intimate setting, maybe two smaller ones would be better. You can always group them together to accommodate more people.
Cooking areas need to be large enough for both food preperation and serving. Make sure heated appliances are away from circulation patterns.